- 08-Apr-2014 to 03-Jun-2014 (PST)
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Full Time
An unwavering pursuit of health. This is what we stand for.
If these words resonate with you, then explore job opportunities with us.
CellNetix Pathology and Laboratories is a dynamic, rapidly growing physician- and employee-owned pathology practice and lab headquartered in Seattle, Washington with locations throughout the state. Driven by impeccable attention to detail, we're resolute in meeting the exceedingly high standards of quality we set for our laboratory, our customer service, our business and ourselves.
It is our Vision to rethink, redefine and reset the standard of care for pathology groups and laboratories in the country.
Controller - Director of Finance
The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Including financial reporting, accounts payable, purchasing and inventory control. The Controller supervises the accounting manager who is responsible for managing the finance team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
As a healthcare organization we are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment. As part of that commitment we do not hire anyone who has used nicotine products in the last six months. We require a criminal and credit history background check as well as a drug test which will include nicotine testing for final candidates. As a federal contractor, we are bound by the Drug Free Workplace Act and marijuana is considered an illegal drug.
1. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
2. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
3. Supervise and direct the Accounting Manager in performing department functions
4. Carryout supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws
1. Ensure that accounts payable are paid accurately and timely
2. Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
3. Ensure that payroll is processed timely and accurately
4. Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
5. Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
6. Maintain the chart of accounts
7. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
8. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements
2. Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
3. Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
4. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
5. Manage the production of the annual budget and forecast
6. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
7. Provide for a system of management cost reports
8. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations
1. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
2. Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Purchasing experience is a plus.
Must be PC proficient and technology driven.
Able to thrive in a fast-pace setting. Experience with Great Plains accounting system a plus. Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, and Word required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required. Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities.
Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally.
Embrace and manage change.
We offer a generous benefit program with:
• Two medical plans to choose from
• Medical, dental, vision and prescription premiums paid 100% for the employee for the high deductible plan, small ee contribution for the PPO Plan
• Medical, vision and prescription paid at 50% for all dependents
• 401k with a match plus a discretionary quarterly profit sharing
• 3 weeks paid time off earned in first year
• 7 paid holidays
• Life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Long Term disability and more!
Apply at: http://cellnetix.applicantpro.com/jobs/
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: